1) Most men and women that get married, often assume that feelings will always remain the same. They hokd unto the illusions of “love at first sight”. Commitment to a spouse is hinged on love that goes beyond feelings.
2) Many men and women get married to each other, on the assumption that their spouses will change from who they are, to become, who they want them to be.
3) Many men and women assume that all the work of keeping their partners excited and happy, ends the moment the marriage is established. Husbands and wives, must remain charming to each other, for as long as they want to remain together.
4) Romance does not pay the bills, neither does, “you know I love you”, put food on the table.
5) Marriage is more thorough and demanding than courtship, it would expose all the hidden skeletons in the couples’ cupboards and uncover all the dirt swept under the carpet. Marriages built without secrets, have more chances of remaining colourful and sweet.
Avoid assumptions, eliminate lies and be realistic.
Do not expect what you cannot create.
If you must sustain it, then you must both tolerate and accomodate.
Marriages are colourful and sweet, with collaboration.
Never overlook these reasons why a marriage does not remain as colourful as the wedding that instituted it.