Which is of more value; the gift or the heart?
What determines the worth of a present? Is it the price or the intension of the one who offers it?
On special days as this (The Valentine’s day) lots of gifts are offered; some are worthy of mention while some are not.
In as much as numerous gifts are offered, there are equally numerous expectations. Many long for a treat, a package, a special moment and a whole lot more, including to get laid. Any individual that requires a gift, a compliment or even sex in order to feel accepted or loved is more or less misinformed and should come to understanding with certain truths. One of such truths is that everyone has great value! Everybody posseses great potencials, some of which are dominant and some of which are recessive. People who have no idea of their worth get exploited. If purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable. And that is why a person could feel inferior for the simple reason that they neither received gifts nor compliments. True value is revealed with time. Be consistent with what you believe and what you stand for and in a short while you can be counted on, in that respect. Peers often have a way of mounting pressure and compelling their counterparts into doing things along-side the majority. Always be careful to insist on your own principles in matters that are of great importance. The degree of importance of a matter is equally up to you. Why do you want the things that you want and feel the way that you feel?
Remember, everyone is made unique and must not follow the crowd. Being different makes you stand out!
What choices are you making and why?
Have you carried out your activities today completely because they were exactly what you wanted or because they were expected of you? Did you do the things you did simply because they were the very things that everybody else did? Take out time to define yourself; who you are and what you want. It will help you a long way with finding fulfilment in life.
Certain appetites are common to humanity. All eat and would certainly want to eat again. This has made a lot of people to abuse food; they just keep eating, whether or not it favours them. The same has become the case with sex. Many have abused it and are spreading the wrong notions about it. Always remember, you are complete and don’t need someone else to make anything up for you. You only synergize for more productivity, efficiency and leverage. Appetites and longings are insatiable and the ability to quench the desire for them keep reducing as they are fed. Don’t experiment with things that could turn to addictions and traps or endless loops.
Boost your confidence and make special days special by adopting some of these:
1) Love yourself first: give yourself a treat, take yourself out… Don’t wait for someone else to make you reallize that you are worth a treat.
2) Don’t be restricted to the conventional: Ladies can give their men a treat, wifes can pay some bills, men can do dishes… Don’t stick to the usual.
3) Make the most of the time: Couples, sieze special opportunities as this to cement your relationship. Don’t just imitate others, make the moments of a special day truely special.
4) Show some love to somebody: Say a nice word, cheer someone up, go out of your way to put a smile on someone’s face.
5) Be responsible: don’t do anything in excess. Don’t spend all that you earn on a gift or treat and go starving. Don’t get high and if you are already, let someone else take the wheels.
6) If you have plenty dollars in your name, share with others: Food, money, time, smile… Anything worth sharing is worth sharing well on a special day!
7) Do something special when celebrating: Pop something, light candles, bake a cake, buy a special card… !
On special days, the best gift to give really is a heart full of love. Love brings confidence. Love erases defficiency. Bear it in mind to add value, to offer something, to improve… And in so doing, your uniqueness will be revealed. You will stand out and become the model that everyone would like to imitate.
Arm yourself with these and standout in the forth-coming days!
Make such a habit and everyday will be as special as a special day to you.
Author: Nnamonu Tochukwu.