Not every round of strife always ends in win or loose
nor is it always true that a crowd is right.
When facing facts of life and wondering what to choose
consider tacts and stance, as if it’s a fight.
In everything you do, try to give a thought or two.
What made you just smile? Ofcourse because it’s true.
Don’t get lured by rhymes
into tides and chimes,
just keep your thoughts with me
as we trace how this will be.
We’ve got two characters:
reputation and character
they both feel so good
but it’s not about the mood.
We’ve got to look at these
before we choose our keys!
Please try to be patient and analytical at this point as we disect the basis of our evaluation.
I’ll be using terms that would enable us be brief with this subject and probably subsequent ones. They are derived from common words and merely by adding thought to observation. This is not researched and may or may not have archival tracks but logic is deep, I have no doubt that philosophers have thought in these lines.
1) Inside: this is basically the mind and/or the secret/private. Some people refer to this
as the closet.
2) Outside: this is basically the body and/or the open/public. Some people refer to this as the surface.
3) Attributes: They are the components that make expression. Maybe they make up thought or are some forms of thought but through them; words, actions, gesticulation/physiology and any form of expression are formed.
That is saying that attributes are the smaller units of expression; the basis on which we choose words and thought.
Attributes are imbibed, haboured and displayed in the form form of expression.
4) Impressions: are assumptions based on expression. They are the deductions or inferences we make from observed expressions. They may or may not be facts.
5) Fact is evidence. Simply put, it is proven observable expression. A deed, a word, an experience, a disposition, etc which the senses can detect and interpret.
Facts are ‘mere’ or ‘true’ depending upon verification. (NB: these are strictly my terms)
Mere facts are either unverified facts or facts that do not spring from intension. That is, where action does not coincide with intension, the fact is mere. Eg. A child that rubs paint on a canvas has painted it. It’s a fact but a mere one.
A painter who paints a canvas truly painted it (True fact). Fact is true when the resulting expression was intended.
1) Whatever is inside will come outside; whatever is outside will continue to reflect the programed impression until yield point where facts prevail.
People often put up a good show. They know how to impress whenever they want to.
Fortunately or unfortunately character has it’s strength and reputation has it’s woes, when life sends it’s pressures they all balance out.
If what other people know is not what really is,
time will come when all will know that it’s not worth it.
2)Inside is true fact; outside is mere fact.
Whatever happens inside
is truely what happens
who you are when there’s none to watch
is truely who you are
what you do when others watch
may be what you do
but time comes when all will know
what you truely do.
3) both true fact and mere fact can change
only truth remains:
“Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I’m found
was blind but now I see” – John Newton
What goes around, comes around
the evil men do, live after them.
There’ll always be a sunrise
and also a sunset.
You’ve got no need to think it;
that’s how the world is.
Don’t beat back
beacause he beat first.
Don’t ask why
only when it’s not fair.
Don’t be a reaction
only be your true self
and make sure that self you are
is hinged upon truth!
4) inside defines; outside displays!
You’ve got what you think inside
and what you do outside.
You’ve got what you wish for
and what you work for too.
Though people see outside,
you are who you are inside.
“One who fails, not by choice
or on the other hand succeeds
but neither knows which one he wants
is an accident”. -Nnamonu Tochukwu
Character Versus Reputation!
-character is who you are.
-Reputation is who people think you are.
I may be wrong and speak of right and everyone will believe.
May have fame I don’t deserve to claim
and they think it’s who I am.
character is consistency inside.
reputation is consistency outside.
It takes the same to build them both
just outside and inside.
The side you build
may slice your throat
or get you a new coat!
Give priority to character; it is primary.
It is the foundation upon which reputation can last.
Begin to mount these building blocks on the best side or on both:
keep putting all you know…
Do I end here or do I leave a phrase?
Author: Nnamonu Tochukwu.