If life was a contest, would you win or compromise?
If an argument, would you stand and talk till you cry?
Or hold your values, walk away then work to prove them true?
Let’s take a look at these together:
This word may be vast, with good sides and bad.
Let’s face it my own way, you could add your own too:
1) Settling for less than you previously bargained:
Whenever there are issues that deal with disputes, this phrase is always heard “Let’s reach a compromise”
Such cases may arise where compromise is good but in this my discussion, u know what I mean.
When life’s challenges arise, how do you handle them?
Do you prefer to walk away or just settle for less?
Are you stuck with a habit that seems hard to stop or saddled with responsibilities that make you want to run?
Have you told yourself that it’s more than you can handle?
Does sleep steal your time or are you overweight?
Are you too nervous to step out or tired of training?
It’s time to consider standing tall or compromise.
2) Bending to pressures rather than to choice: Are you in it for reward, fulfilment or show? So far as you know what you want and are sure about it, then it’s your choice.
Or are you there to impress, violating your desire, just doing what you are doing at the expense of your dream.
Then you need to re-reason; consider standing tall.
3) Breaking principles that you ordinarily wouldn’t:
are you faced with trials challenging your values or tempted to do wrong one way or the other?
Have you already done it and now wondering what to do?
You just have to stand tall and remember who you are.
4) Admitting inferiority, not good enough for your dream:
it is self explanatory, do you belong here?
Tell yourself ‘that’s not true’ then listen to the truth: “every man was born equal and death will equal all, but while he lives and waits for that; he’s ruled by his beliefs”
You either stand tall or compromise, the choice is up to you!
I really don’t know if this phrase exists, whether it’s been used or it stays in my mind.
I’m not set to research or to find out what it means.
In this match with compromise, he’s the one I choose to fan.
If with me, you are choosing him, these are steps to take:
1)Fill yourself with the right thoughts.
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8).
2) Engineer your atmosphere: be sure to have around; things that inspire you. The words from songs and on pictures all around should say the things you desire and match your true values.
3) Associate with the right people: your friends are those who know you and can influence what you do. Some make sure they carry you along by feeding you their dreams and if such doesn’t match yours, they’re doing you no good. So when you’re sure of what you want, find the ones that help. The things you share matter a lot, make sure they’re not chaff or much worse, poisons, that steal your dreams away.
4)Don’t confess to the basket mouth:
There are those who always talk, not minding privacy. They can share things that discourage and ruin reputaion stay clear from such ones, mind what you share with them. They may not have ill intensions but their nature just destroys. They too can get transformed if they prefer to stand tall.
5)Nothing at all is indispensable: many things are attractive, inviting and enticing. They may seem so valuable and enviable;you can do without them if they are against your values. It may be a well paying job, a dishonest deal, some irresponsible fun or a charismatic basket mouth. They are just baits hanging to entice you. Beware of them and don’t be led to the hook.
6) You define yourself, not circumstances
and people’s actions or reactions: angry people will always ask you ‘dou yo know what he did to me? Don’t be deceived by how you feel, always remain the one you say you want to be because you are who you say are and what you do must show it!
7)If it’s good today, remember it tomorrow. Always keep track of what works for you and consider them always.
You would always have days that make you proud and tips that help you much. Keep record of all and be willing to evolve as more efficient approaches appear. Don’t overlook any lesson of the past.
8) Only loosers quit; Winners move and modify.
There are times that certain endeavours should be scrapped after evaluation but that is rarely the case. Most times we just give up. Let’s always change our methods towards enhancing productivity and keep on till we reach it.
9) Success never ends; continue!
To wrap it up I’ll add a poem which was my comment in reply to a post on Child Of God. by another unique writer: Poeticjourney.
Her poem and my interpretation of it inspired me for this.
All who truely know their worth
would not compromise
and those who try to prey on them
will soon just reallise
that just as it is simply put
they’re all protected
and time will gradually expose
all their pranks and lies.
Author: Nnamonu Tochukwu